Environmental Management System
It is our policy to select those suppliers who display the strongest possible credentials with regards to environmental awareness and sustainability. Where possible, all products specified will be obtained from suppliers who have ISO14001 accreditation.
Environmental and sustainability issues will be integrated into every proposal, balanced against budgetary requirements and suitability of use. Those products with the highest possible environmental standards will always be used, budget and purpose allowing.
Part of our core ISO objectives is monitoring and reporting on our suppliers Quality and Environmental credentials, including ensuring that all suppliers source timber materials with FSC or equivalent certifications.
Due to the nature of the core business, the environmental impact of the Company is limited. The following are considered to be the most significant areas and are listed below:
- The use of environmentally friendly production methods and materials
- Reduction in consumption of energy
- Recycling of consumables including paper, printer/copier toner cartridges, disposable cups, glass etc
- Reduction of other resources used ie water, gas etc
- Reduction in consumption of consumables ie paper, batteries, cartridges etc
- Employment of environmentally compliant suppliers
- The ability of our product components to be recycled at the end of their useful life